- Directors typically send out a detailed itinerary for each game ahead of time via email. These itineraries can also be found on the calendar section listed with the specific event.
- On Fridays, students must bring to school everything they will need for the game! Always have red band polo and jeans as well as uniform gear to wear under marching uniform. They must also have everything they need for their instrument.
- On Friday night home games, the students will stay after school for rehearsal. They will need a packed dinner, or food brought to them between 4-5 pm, before they get ready to perform at the game.
- Home Game Volunteer Opportunities: Selling spirit wear at the games, Hospitality (which helps with cookies and water at half-time for Milford band and the visiting band), Pit/equipment, Uniform help and Chaperones for the marchers. Check the weekly newsletters for sign up genius links.
*Please note that Percussion and Guard have slightly different rehearsal schedules and do NOT attend the 2:30 – 5 pm Wednesday rehearsal time.
Required Uniform Gear
- Black under armour style shirt – not sleeveless
- Black compression style shorts/bicycle style shorts for under the uniform – must not be bulky as these are worn under the uniform
- Black socks – tall, at least mid calf length
- Black marching shoes
- Hair accessories as needed (such as ponytail holders, bobby pins) to put up long hair under shako hats
- Band Jacket
- Red band polo
- Black athletic style shorts
- Gym shoes
- Band Jacket
**Please note that the specific color guard uniform requirements will be relayed via the guard director. Guard is, however, expected to also have casual/informal uniform items (red polo, black shorts, jeans, gym shoes and band jacket).
Typical Friday Home Football Game Schedule (subject to change)
Reminder: Fridays are long!
6:30 AM pep band in school lobby – this is optional
2:30-4:00 PM sectionals/rehearsal
4:00-5:00 Dinner – Students are NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE SCHOOL GROUNDS, SECTION LEADERS OFTEN COORDINATE DINNER.
5:00 change into performance attire and rehearsal/warm up
6:00 approx-head to stadium
9:45 (approximate time) Parent pick up students at the band room following game
After some home football games, there are BAND PARTIES hosted at the home of a senior. All current marching band members are invited. These parties are chaperoned by band parents. It’s a safe, fun way for the kids to socialize after a home game. Parties typically end at midnight. Party location/directions are typically listed in the weekly newsletter.
In the past, the band has taken a “Pep Band” to two away games each season. This means they do not march the show, nor do they bring large pit instruments or color guard equipment. Students are required to sign up with the directors to attend at least one game. The casual uniform attire (red polo, black shorts or jeans, band jacket) is worn. The directors will relay to the students which games the band will be attending.
Please check your email for the weekly Band Booster Newsletters for important information. Newsletter can also be found on the website.
Friendly reminder that students are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to the listed reporting time for rehearsals/band events so that they may be ready for rehearsal (with all of their equipment) on time.